APPOINTMENT OF CHEF DE MISSION (2)
The Zimbabwe Olympic Committee (ZOC) is looking to appoint 2 (two) exceptional individuals to the voluntary positions of Chef de Mission (CDM) for the quadrennial 2017-2020.
CDM 1 – 1 X Chef de Mission Post – 3rd African Youth Games Algiers, Algeria July 2018.
CDM 2 – 1 X Chef de Mission Post – 3rd Summer Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires, Arg. Oct 2018
The CDM will create and deliver a high performance environment at each Games that will both inspire athletes and enable them to excel. The incumbent should understand the complexities of pinnacle multi-disciplinary games and the needs of Zimbabwe`s top athletes. The CDM will be accountable to the ZOC Board through the Secretary General and will work closely with the NOC Secretariat, as well as its stakeholders, to develop and deliver for the upcoming Games.
The successful applicant should have the following Qualifications/Knowledge:
- An understanding of Sport in Zimbabwe.
- An understanding of high performance sport and multi-disciplinary competition.
- An understanding of and respect for the environmental diversities in the Olympic Movement
- 5-10 years in sport either in administrative or technical capacity.
The successful applicant should have the following Experience:
- A traceable track record of leadership experience in high performance sport.
- Experience of leading & managing sport teams or groups at international level (continental to world)
- Experience in working with media
- Sound human resource management experience
- Experience of working with commercial partners/sponsors/VIPs etc.
- Experience of working with officials and dignitaries at various levels.
The successful applicant should have the following skills:
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write plans and reports.
- Ability to resolve challenges effectively, regardless of rank and/or formality
- Ability to handle pressure, manage crisis, as well as have mediation skills
- Ability to create team spirit motivate and inspire the athletes
- Sound IT skills including the use of email, social media and other communication methods.
In addition to the above, the successful applicant should have a passion for sport, a commitment to teamwork, sound judgement, resilience and focus on achieving results through consultation and collaboration.
APPLICANTS FOR THE TWO CDM POSITIONS CANNOT AND MUST NOT BE ABOVE 40 YEARS OLD
If you have the qualifications, experience, skills, meet the criteria and believe you can make a positive difference for the athletes, federations, and the people of Zimbabwe as Chef de Mission, then we look forward to receiving your submission. Applications to include a cover letter outlining the post applied for, how you meet the above criteria, your CV, and 3 Referees should be addressed to the CEO and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or hand delivered to ZOC Offices, 3 Aintree Circle, Belvedere, Harare.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE TUESDAY 28TH FEBRUARY 2017 AT 1700HOURS.