The Marketing and Public Relations Commission seeks to unlock value for ZOC through a robust strategic marketing and media management campaign.
All activities of the marketing and public relations commission are aligned to the ZOC strategic plan. Some of the commission’s challenges are as follows:
• To create a clearly recognizable, dynamic brand.
• To clearly identify ZOC’s key stakeholders and develop strategies for value creating partnerships.
• To drive the development and implementation of a structured media management programme.
• To build business partnerships for ZOC and to continuously review existing partnerships towards strengthening and enhancing them.
• To contribute to the formulation of a business partnership enhancement strategy and to provide support to the secretariat in implementing this strategy.
• To drive the development of a ZOC enhancement strategy.
• To provide support to the secretariat in implementing the image enhancement strategy.
• Current major challenge to secure sponsorship and national support for Team Zimbabwe for Rio 2016.
The current major challenge for the Zimbabwe Olympic Committee is to secure sponsorship for the various facets of its business plan and to secure sponsorship and national support for Team Zimbabwe at various international competitions.
Some of the local partnerships that the ZOC has secured include Dairibord Zimbabwe Private Limited, sponsors of the Olympic Day, and Price Waterhouse Coopers; the external auditors. The Zimbabwe Olympic Committee is currently seeking sponsorship to ensure that it has funds to prepare Team Zimbabwe adequately.